Phil had a chat to Jenny Seaton on Curtin Radio about his latest publication, Groundbreaking: Soil Security and Climate Change.
– Climate change, its human causes, and the role of greenhouse gases
– Why addressing CO2 levels alone may not reverse climate change
– The significance of managing solar energy through vegetation coverage of the land.
– How current farming practices, while essential for feeding populations, can contribute to climate change and other environmental issues.
– How regenerative agriculture, which focuses on increasing organic carbon in the soil, enhances evapotranspiration and local turbulence, contributing to the small water cycle.
– How the small water cycle contributes to localised rainfall
– Why restoring the small water cycle in Australia is particularly important